Monday, July 20, 2009

The Setup

My wedding is exactly 14 months and 13 days away. The fact that most of the event is already planned probably seems a little crazy. However, take into consideration the following:

  • I plan on doing most of it myself. By that I mean, I am making: the save-the-dates, invitations, reply cards, programs and all other stationary, bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages and all other floral elements, table runners, cake topper, guestbook, creating a wedding playlist on iTunes and all other general decor for both the ceremony and reception. These are in addition to general planning tasks like booking venues, creating a menu with caterers, securing an officiant, etc.
  • I currently work full time and will only have nights and weekends to complete all of my projects.
  • Although my wedding is not for another 14 months, I only have 11 months to complete all projects (except for flowers and the seating arrangement which unfortunately cannot be done until the last minute). I hope to be starting graduate school in 11 months and once that begins, I will be in class 14 hours a day (not including time for assigned reading, papers, and the general school whatnot), leaving no time for wedding projects (not even nights and weekends).

I imagine that while my seemingly-premature planning no longer seems so premature, I might still seem a little crazy. I should note that I enjoy learning new skills and doing things myself. It is because of this that I am attempting to pull off a mostly DIY wedding. (Although, those who speculate that it is because I am very particular and can't find pre-made things to my liking might not be completely wrong.)

No comments:

Post a Comment