Friday, March 5, 2010

FABRIC!

My table runner fabric is finally in and I have one runner completed (kind of)!


This is definitely a victory.  I have been looking for fabric for months and was starting to feel a little defeated.  I had been primarily looking at online fabric sites but wasn't finding any good deals.  I was convinced that I could do better in the garment district in L.A.  I dragooned my mom, step-dad, fiance and friend into accompanying my on my quest.  After an hour or two I started to realize that they all had a pretty similar selection-- mostly jerseys, silks, wools but no cotton prints.  Finally, I found this great Michael Miller print at the Michael Levine store, but it was $10 a yard!  I didn't want to pay that much but really liked the fabric.  Being the disciplined, budget shopper that I am, I went home empty handed.  However, a week later I found the same fabric on sale for $6 a yard at Fabric.com AND when you buy more than $35 worth of fabric they give you FREE SHIPPING.  To say that I was excited is an understatement.  I love getting things on sale.

I have already cut the fabric and sewn one of the runners. Unfortunately, I got the wrong color thread and have to rip the stitches out and re-do it (I blame it on the terrible fluorescent lighting at the fabric store).  It's not a huge inconvenience, but they are each 90" x 15" so that is a substantial perimeter to re-hem.

This might be a good way to get my mom involved in wedding projects, but only because I don't want her to feel left out.  I know, I am such a considerate daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. . .is that why you want my help ;-) I really don't mind being left out (LOL). You know, this is one of the few times, I will, do almost anything you ask me to do!!!!!

    ReplyDelete