Thursday, March 18, 2010

I am a huge nerd...

It has recently come to my attention that I am a huge nerd.  I submit the following evidence to support my case.

Exhibit A:  My mother (and Lisa Kudrow's new show Who Do You Think You Are?) recently introduced me to ancestry.com and I am so hooked!  I have been up until 1am the last few nights researching my ancestors.  It is like an amazing scavenger hunt through historical documents.  At work I dream about going home to my computer and continuing the quest.  So far, I have been able to trace one line of my family back 9 generations to a John O'Daniel born in 1718.

Exhibit B: I was very excited to receive my my census form.  I have been looking forward to it for months!  This is the first time I will be completing my own form.  I became even more enthusiastic about it after I began searching through hundreds of years of census projects for my new hobby (see Exhibit A).

Exhibit C: I saw the glass below and I LOVED it.  I want a whole collection of them. Even Ethan thought it was nerdy and he wears a Star Wars watch with lightsaber hands. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the HTML code glass. It is fantastic. . . and your comment about receiving the census reminded me of the Steve Martin movie The Jerk when he received the phone book with his name in it for the first time :-) (of course, you aren't a jerk!)

    ReplyDelete