Monday, April 5, 2010

Very Frustrating Road Block

I have spent countless hours creating custom save-the-date cards and invitations only to find that no one will print them!  I should amend the previous statement; many people will print them, but no one will print them the way I want them to be printed.  I first tried they convenient Kinko's/ Staples route.  In spite of their special "matte finish," everything they print comes out of a laser printer and is too glossy.  I have tried a local stationary shop that claims to offer custom printing.  What they fail to mention is that their "custom printing" is a women with Microsoft Publisher and a non-commercial ink-jet printer.  Her sample book included one page flyers for baby showers with cliche, baby rattle borders (the border that is included in Microsoft Office) and invitations that are the kind you print on a single sheet of printer paper and then fold in half twice.  I hate to sound like a snob but I would not call her work "professional" and she charged more than Kinkos!  Lately, I have been exploring online printing services.  Since I am a tactile person, I need to be able see and touch what I am ordering.  I requested samples from a few different places but none of them have arrived yet and they were supposed to be here weeks ago.  I feel like I have to settle for low-quality printing or order cookie-cutter invitations from a wedding stationary company.  They need to be sent out this month and having them printed is just the first part of their overall construction. 

I really am trying to stay positive.  I just don't like being behind schedule...

No comments:

Post a Comment