Saturday, December 11, 2010

Challege Day 2: Christmas Shopping

E and I spent the day downtown shopping for Christmas gifts. How I miss living downtown. He wagered that before entering our second store, I would be completely annoyed with crowds and lose my cool. I am proud to announce that I shocked him by making it to four stores before spiraling down into grumpiness. Although, I knew as I entered the going-out-of-business Borders that the mass of people crowding into a hot store for their chance at cheap books was going to put me over the limit. Plus, that particular Borders must not believe in air conditioning because it is always insanely warm in there. My advice for any Borders shoppers is to avoid standing near the computers. People assume that if you are using one that you must work there. I politely told 5 different customers that I was just a shopper. Actually, by the fifth person, I wasn't being quite as polite. We did get some great new comics for 40% off. So, I guess it was worth it.

I am also excited that I found gifts for over half of the people on my list. I hate being a last minute shopper, but I usually am. This year, I am breaking the trend and hope to be completely done by the 20th. I like to set arbitrary goals for myself. It then gives me a feeling of accomplishment when I meet them.

Tonight, E and I will be bowling at his department's holiday get together. The smack talking has already started.

No comments:

Post a Comment